Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Katie, Eric and a very special Monkey

Dear Katie and Eric...
Thank you so, so much for trusting me to be your photographer. I am so happy that we not only got to work together, but also that we were able to get to know each other a bit better (ok, maybe a whole lot better). You guys have to get on down here for a visit ASAP!!
Much Love,
Jennie

**Katie is one of my husband's cousins and she and Eric were married in Michigan on August 1. We had an absolute blast! Of course, Jason was roped into assisting and that is always, always an adventure... though I will say he was rather well behaved. I also think I may have to start marketing myself up north, because the weather was PERFECT!!! We were lucky to miss the rain that came and went, but who can complain about 75 and breezy. It was definitely a welcome change from good ole 90 degrees with 110% humidity.
Plus, Katie is amazingly beautiful and Eric was so easy to work with and so much fun to be around.
















so, basically.... Sweetest. Picture. Ever. I always love the "seeing each other for the first time" pics, but this one... aaaahhhhh.



Katie only looked at me like I was slightly crazy when I told her to jump up into the rotting tree stump. But I'm so psyched she did it!







I'm just throwing this pic in because I thought it was such a great idea. Their centerpieces were individual cakes with handmade (by Katie) table numbers. There were 6 different flavors for 18 tables, so everyone got up and mingled trying samples. Awesome (and delicious) idea!!!!

They had the world's cutest flower girls and ringbearer... look at those hands in his pockets and the girls' ringlets.

Katie and Eric had a very special guest at their wedding... one that not even they knew was there... until now. Most of you won't get this, but what matters is that the important parties will. :) He'll turn up a few more times K and E. Keep an eye out.

Katie got a little emotional seeing her dad for the first time... just as she was getting ready to walk down the aisle. So sweet.



I love this one taken during the ceremony over the shoulders of both of her brothers... who are obviously crazy about her.







Ok, so these last two... I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I thought I'd let you decide. At the wedding, there was an old wedding picture of Katie's grandparents that I decided I wanted to "copy" ... well, copy in my own crazy way. I looked and looked for a location to take it, but nothing screamed at me... until I decided I had to use the bathroom. LOVED the purple wall, and knew it was perfect for what I wanted to do... Ha. Only I would drag a poor bride and groom into a tiny bathroom for the perfect shot. :)


1 comment:

jamie said...

three votes for the purple wall