Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CHICAGO!!!!

A girl's gotta have a little vacation every now and then. I'm almost exactly half-wa through wedding season, so this was a perfect time to sneak away. I thought I'd share just a few shot snapped in and around downtown Chicago. Best city EVER!






We picked the right weekend to be in Chi-town. The Venetian nights festival was Saturday night and before the festivities, Ronnie Renner set up to break his own world record on the quarter pipe. I know absolutely nothing about this sport, but I gotta say, it was pretty cool watching with the Chicago skyline in the background.

We stayed in the building with the "Harrison" sign on top.

A little mid-afternoon rainstorm...







Never-ever put Ketchup on a Hotdog.

On weekend nights, a live band plays in Grant Park and they offer free dance lessons followed up by two hours of music to practice your new skills. LOVE it!!

Fireworks over the skyline.

I think I may have to frame this picture of my lovely husband.





I know i may look happy here, but all that was separating me from 103 floors to the street below was 1.25 inches of glass. It was all I could do to take the first step out there. I'm feeling queasy just writing about it.

And then, a view from the ground up...






1 comment:

Jenny said...

Best photos ever! Makes me want to hop a plane to Chicago right now! The skyline photos are gorgeous! And I LOVE the pic of you and Jason on the ledge... so cool... and your face is priceless!