Friday, May 22, 2009

Heather and Greg

This is gonna be a long one folks! How do you narrow it down when you've got a gorgeous bride, a crazy cool hunk of land (you thought I was just going to leave it at "hunk" didn't you?) in the middle of nowhere, perfect lighting, an adorable groom (ok, so he's a bit hunky), and one big happy party of a wedding?
Holy-moly, we had a great day with Heather and Greg. They are so much fun and so laid back. Heather wanted the wedding to be on Friday night because (in her words) "nothing says party like a Friday night wedding." And party it was! Even when the crazy bad Thunderstorms came through, noone lost their heads, everyone just hung in there, drank a little and hoped for the best. It turned out amazing! The rain let off just in time for the ceremony and the rain killed the heat!
So, while I'm sure you tune into my blog just to read my rambles, lets get on with the real show... introducing....

So, this has to be the cutest picture of the year so far... we were shooting in this hallway and the flowergirl just wandered in, so Heather bent down to wipe something off of her dress. I love it!

I developed a slight obsession with this old metal plow out behind the house... you'll see it in a few pics :)

Heather is absolutely stunning... and oh, how I love a classic, simple dress.

and oh, how I love some crazy bright colors on some bridesmaids!! Check out how great these bright pink dresses look!

These next four are Heather and Greg seeing each other for the first time. I thought it was a really sweet moment. For these shots, I usually put on my long lens so I can get way back and just let the bride and groom have their moment alone.







And then there are times when I like to be right in the middle of the action...
The Shot....

And, getting the shot...

There is is again...

Are they seriously adorable, or what?

So, about this time is when the thunderstorms hit!! And man, they HIT!!! So, what's a photographer to do? I'll tell ya... I put the wedding party under the porch (luckily, the porch was awesome!!!) and my assistant held an umbrella over my head while we ran out in the downpour, shot a few shots and ran for cover. We did all of the family portaits that way too. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do!

And then, just as all hope was lost... the rain stopped, the chairs got a good wipedown...

and we had a wedding. Pure bliss...

Then, we had a party... a pic from the first dance...

And the tent from a distance...

3 comments:

Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd said...

Jennie, not really sure if you remember me from high school, but this is Todd Fife. I wanted to tell you that your photographs are completely amazing! You really have a gift. I really love photography and am trying to get into it myself. I am blown away at the effects you get on some of the photographs. I understand if you do not want to say but I was wondering how you got the effects you do? Do you get them through post-processing or while you are taking the pictures? If you get them while taking the picture, how in the world do you do that? Like I said earlier, I love photography and want to do much more with it so any help would be great. I am trying to learn as much as possible. Again, it is great to see your business doing well. Thanks!

Curtis Copeland said...

Beautiful wedding photos. Thanks for sharing!